Going abroad with Skals Efterskole
'We go abroad to investigate the 'white spots' on the map of the World - we are talking about places we have seen before, yet haven't experienced, to broaden our horizon. This way we investigate the 'white spots' in our mind.
Quote by the Danish Author: Ib Michael (Hjemkomster af Vagn Lundbye, Borgens Forlag, 1987)
Being a student at Skals Efterskole you will find that the quote above has some truth to it. You will get the chance to see your own role in the world in a new way.
With the journeys we take and visitors from all over the world we try to make you feel that you are indeed 'A Citizen of The World'.
It is our goal for you that,
- You get to meet new people and inspiring cultures, and understanding the similarities and differences.
- You use your knowledge of new information in different international contexts.
- You take your understanding of cultures, languages and international lessons from your time at SE and use them when you meet new friends from new cultures.
Hopefully you will understand and live your life with a stronger understanding of how international relations can open your eyes to being an forthcoming and international oriented active citizen.
We wish you all the best on your journey!
You will visit Berlin with all of your new friends from Skals Efterskole.
Berlin is the center of modern European history, and is now a cultural capital. We will go there to visit historical sights from World War II, The Cold War, and also cultural events.
The trip takes place at the end of September, we also take the opportunity to get to know each other even better. On this trip we combine history, arts, and build friendships to start on a fun note!
You get to choose between one of these interesting journeys
- Israel - We will run an exchange programme with a peace organization in the north of Israel. This means you will be hosting a young Israeli (Arab, Druse or Jewish) when they visit Denmark. You get a unique insight on a culture close to your own and yet very different.
- Hanoi (Vietnam) - An exchange programme we have run together with Nguyen Sieu School for more than five years. You will host a young Vietnamese student in late autumn and visit him/her in April.
- Ireland - We spend time in the lovely capital Dublin, visit Cork on the west coast of Ireland, and visit the future boarder between EU and the United Kingdom (Northern Ireland).
- Nepal - You will spend the first three days in a Buddhist Monastary where you will be able to get an insight on Buddhist culture and religion. You will be visiting UNESCO herritage sights such as Boudhanath Stupa, Durbar Square and Pashupatinath Temple (one of the holiest Hindu temples). After your first days in Katmandu you will go to the main destination of your visit in Nepal - Yangrima Highschool situated in the Helambu province. You will spend time with students your own age from that school and get to experience the life in the village Sermathang. You have to be relatively fit to take part in this trip as trekking will be part of it. You will reach the top of Yangri Peak (3770 m.) where you have the most astonishing view of the Himalayas.
- Cambridge and England - Hosting Cambridge International Examinations, it is a must to visit Cambridge and England. You will take part in a five day English course in Cambridge where you get a taste of the life in this University town. During your stay in Cambridge you will be accommadated in private homes. Furthermore you get to visit the South of England and London of course. This would be a tour of the UK you will never forget.
We visit Berlin in September
-> Se mere om rejsen til Berlin her
Ireland - An Unforgettable Journey
-> Se mere om rejsen til Irland her
Nepal - Visiting holy sights in Katmandu and reaching the edge of The Himalayas together with our friendship school in Sermathang (Yamgriama Highschool)
SIP klassen tager til Malawi
-> Se mere om rejsen til Malawi her
Skiing in the Austrian Alps
This is a privately organized skiing trip with Skals Efterskole alumnis and students from the present year. One of the school's teachers has planned this trip on a private basis. He sets the rules and the students participating obey these. Usually between 80 - 100 students participate.
Skitur uge 7
Skals Efterskole har truffet et bevidst valg, om ikke at have en skitur med i vores årlige program for rejser og ture, da vi vægter skolerelaterede projekter højt.
Men der er på Skals Efterskole tradition for at eleverne selv arrangerer en fælles skitur i uge 7.
Turen arrangeres helt uden for skolens regi, men skolen og lærestaben bakker naturligvis op omkring koordinering og afvikling af turen.
Der deltager normalt 80-100 elever på skituren, og den planlægges i begyndelsen af hvert skoleår.